Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Grandma







My Grandma passed away this past Monday. I was able to be with her and the rest of my family the most of the time she was in the hospital. It was such a blessing to me to be able to be with her as she passed on. I can't even begin to explain the Spirit that was present in the Hospital room. We also had a wonderful nurse that helped my family in so many ways. His name is Jake and I have no doubt that God placed him in our lives to help us through this hard time. I also got to talk with my Uncles more then I ever have and I now feel much closer to them.



I am extremely sad about grandma dying, but I also and very happy because I know she is happy now because she is back with my Grandpa. I also am very greatful of my knowledge of the gosple because I know I will see them again. Here is my Grandma's obituary:






Peggy Sue Baxley St. Mary, 70, of Dothan passed away on Monday, March 21, 2011 at a local hospital.






Services will be held 2pm Saturday, March 26, 2011 at Sunset Funeral Home with Mark Evelo officiating. Burial will follow in Sunset Memorial Park with Robert Byrd directing. The family will receive friends from 1-2 pm on Saturday at the funeral home.






Mrs. St. Mary was born January 5, 1941 in Blue Springs, AL and lived the early part of her life in Newton, AL. She was a homemaker and resided in Fairbanks, Alaska at Ft. Wainwright prior to moving to Dothan in 1976. Mrs. St. Mary was an avid reader, a great southern cook and her hobbies included crocheting and ceramics. She was preceded in death by two husbands, Ronald G. Beaty and Don L. St. Mary, her parents Dempsey D Baxley and Lena Pearl Baxley, her step father, Franklin Spivey, and her brothers, Douglas Baxley and James Edward Baxley.






Survivors include her sons Bobby Bowman (Shirley) of Dothan and Michael Beaty (Brandy) of Dothan; daughters Marlene Chilcoat of Talkeetna, Alaska, Vicky Evelo (Mark) of Tallahassee, FL, and Donna Chapman (Freddy) of Dothan; 9 grandchildren, Cristy Rhodes, Jason Bowman, Jared Evelo, Shelley Wonsch, Lindley Fredrickson, Matthew Evelo, Brianna Beaty, Zakary Mazzullo, and Jude Mazzullo; several great-grandchildren; a brother Ben Spivey (Judy) of Columbus, GA; and several nieces and nephews.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you, baby and will always be there for you. Grandma will be missed.