Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hard times


Today was my Grandma's funeral. It was really nice... honestly I think it was the best funeral I have ever been to. My Dad gave the eulogy, actually he ran the whole service. My Mom got up and shared memories from all the family members. Jared gave a prayer and Grandma's brother Ben gave another prayer. My mom wanted me to play the piano, but every time I even tried to think about playing I started crying. It was a really sweet service. I'm not going to lie, it was really hard for me and I had to struggle to hold it together, but Michael was so great. I love that my husband can sense when I need him. He always knew right when to grab my hand, or give me a hug. He is awesome.Throughout this day it just seems like it hasn't fully set in yet that she is gone. This has all happened so fast. I am so grateful for all the time I have gotten to spend with my Alabama family. I thank Heavenly Father every day for my family and the faith we all have. If it were not for my faith and knowledge of Heavenly Father and Christ this would have been so much more difficult for me. But because of my faith I know I will see my Grandma again. I know that when I die I will be back with my Father in heaven. I am so greatful for that. Well... I am going to sleep now... today has been a very emotionally tiring day. Thank you all for the support and prayers. I know they have helped.

3 comments:

Mrs. Blimes said...

Our prayers are with you and your family L. It is wonderful that you have such a strong support from Michael.

The Hargretts said...

I'm happy to hear everything went well. I'm sorry for your families loss but it's great to have the knowledge we have about the Plan of Salvation. I know it was great to have Chris with me at my grandmother's funeral a month ago. Michael is just so awesome!

freya said...

i'm so sorry lindley! let your family know we're thinking of them! what a good hubby you have!