Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The simple pleasures...

At work one night I was talking with a patient who had been married to her hubby for 88 years! I asked her for some tips to making a marriage a happy lasting one. She said that both the husband and the wife needed to make a list of 10 simple pleasures.... 5 that can be enjoyed with your spouse and 5 for yourself. So here is my list!



My 5:



1: Reading. It is so great to be able to just relax with a book.



2: Facebook.... Yes I know... this is sad.



3: Blogging...



4: Cooking



5: Playing the piano.



(Ok. I'm going to break the rules and put a few extra that are just for me)



6: Standing outside at dusk just after it has rained... The smell, the lighting, and the sounds... I love it!!!!



7: Decorating.

8: Taking a bath!!!
Sadly This is one I don't enjoy very often because our bathtub in our apartment is small and has an overflow drain placed VERY low (about 3 inches above the real drain) :-(

Now for the 5 simples pleasures I enjoy with Michael:



1: Cuddling up on the couch watching movies, playing wii, watching sports center, etc..



2: Sleeping....



3: Well... you know... ;-D



4: Cleaning... This is weird I know but I really do enjoy cleaning as long as he is at my side!



5: Talking



I'm so breaking the rules again. I can't just stop at 5.



6: Giving each other foot rubs.



7: Building (well assembling) things!



8: Helping each other at work ( Ha! I actually get to do this! I love working at the same place as my hubby!)



9: Coming up with and singing silly songs.



10: Sitting next to him at church and being able to lay my head on his shoulder.



11: Playing games.



It really is the simple pleasures in life!! I love my Husband more and more each day!



I really had fun doing this.... Consider yourself tagged!!

No comments: