Friday, April 2, 2010

Blessings...

We are so blessed!! Before the wedding I was totally freaking out because I realized that I was basically only going to see my husband on weekends because of our oppisite work schedules (EEK!!). Well the Thursday before the wedding my (now) husband mentioned to me that our Director of Nurses had asked him if I were interested in night shift. (I at the time worked the evening shift 3p-11p.) Basically as soon as he told me I called my DoN and left a lengthy (probably incoherent) message about how YES I am interested and so on and so forth. The next day (1 day until the BIG day) she called me back and told me if I wanted it, the position was mine!!!!! (insert excited squeek here). I accepted the position.
We got married, went on our honeymoon, and on the 15th I went back to work. I only had 9 evening shifts until I switched over to night shift. Well one of the night shifters came to me and asked me to switch 2 shifts with her, so that brought me down to only 7 shifts!! And believe me... it is a good thing I got moved to the night shift because I discovered that I can't sleep at night without Michael beside me!!!
Now I am almost done with my first full week of being a night shifter!! Am I totally tired? Yeah, but I have always been a bit of a night owl so this is awesome! Is it harder having 11-12 patients instead of 6-8? Well.... yes and no... It is more people to deal with, but they sleep (most of the time) all night and I don't have to do admissions now!!! (BIG HUGE YAY!!!)
But the best thing about it is the fact that I get to spend time with my husband!!!! He is the biggest blessing of them all!!! I am so lucky to have found such a wonderful man!!
My poor husband who also works all night long had and 8am class Monday, Wednesday, and Friday... This man brings me breakfast most mornings and will wake up out of a dead sleep to kill the bugs that are threatening me (Unless the said bug is a little tiny scorpian... when that is the threating bug... well... he stands there and laughs and then makes fun of me!!) This man also "lets" me win some of the 3 pointer games on our WII!!! What can I say??? I totally in love with him!!! PS. Here is a slideshow of wedding pics!!

No comments: