Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Somethings gotta give...

This is how I feel lately....

Poor baby girl in the midst of a meltdown
My life right now = STRESS. I have been so busy that I can't keep anything on my mind, I'm exausted ALL THE TIME, and the stress is causing me to have migranes more often. You can probably guess this, but it's hard to write a complicated Care Plan on a patient or even worse, take care of a patient when you head is feeling like it's going to explode and you're nauseous and light headed. In addition to that, school has caused a serious toll on our bank account... Sooooo that brings me to the topic of today's post: Something's gotta give.... and the lucky winner is: House and work. After much prayer and family discussion, we have decided to move in with my parents, which eliminates over 80% of our bills, and I will also be quitting my job so that I can focus on school. Will it be stressful "losing our independance" for almost a year, yes, but I am also excited because I haven't been able to spend my time with my family this past year. Plus with my mom being in the same house, I'll have some built in care plan/homework help. She is an endless source of information and has real life stories to back the info up, which helps burn it into my memory. :-) I am sad to be leaving my job because I love all my co-workers and (most) of my patients dearly, and I will be stressing EVERY SINGLE MOMENT until I turn in my 2 weeks notice on Monday, but sometimes you just can't do it all.... I'm afraid that if I kept trying to be super wife/mom/nurse/student I would totally lose it. Right now my family and school HAS to be the priority. If ya'll could keep me in your prayers for the next few weeks I would be very grateful. Those of you that know me well, know that I have anxiety issues when it comes to making big changes in my life.

1 comment:

The Hargretts said...

I'm sorry you're stressing... I know how you feel but I'm happy that you guys have come to a decision. True, you won't have the same independence as having your own home and a job, etc. but sometimes it just has to be done. I am a big advocate for education and bettering one's self and you are amazing and courageous to be going back to school in a tough program all while being wife, mom, sister, daughter, co-worker, etc. Keep it up and the end result will totally be worth it!