Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My mommy


Day 2: A person I have been closest with the longest is my Mom. She is pretty much amazing. All my life she has been such an inspiring person. She juggled 4 kids, a house, my dad, and job, and homeschooling us 4 kids all at the same time.... AND she even stayed sane through all of that!! But seriously she is awesome!
For a random story about mom and I:
When I was probably like 5 or 6 I got a kit for christmas that lets you build cool things out of pennies. Mom and Dad got this for me and all the pennies I needed. It was only like $5 worth but to me it seemed like soooo much money!! I was so excited! But... then I got to thinking about how much my Mom sacrifices for me and my siblings and I started feeling really really guilty that she had given me all of this money when she gives up so much! By the way.... all of these thoughts were running through my head in the middle of the night. Well I got myself totally worked up about it and got to the point where I felt really panicked inside. I needed to give my mom the money back. RIGHT THEN! So I went into my parents room and tried to give her the bag of pennies back. Mom of course told me it was ok and was my gift and that she didn't need the money back. Well I was just too far gone by this point and could not calm down. Mom tried her hardest to calm me down but I just wouldn't stay calm unless she held my hand. So I slept next to her and she held my hand the whole night.
I don't know why but I can still remember this like it happened yesterday. There is a ton more stories... but I have been up all night keeping people alive and I am tired.
I Love you Mom!!

2 comments:

Mrs. Blimes said...

That is a really great story :0) Your mom is amazing for sure :0)Definitely the kind of mother I hope to become.

The Hargretts said...

That is such a sweet story. Your mom is awesome!