Friday, March 30, 2012

Time for a Makenna update!!

Today we went to The Prenatal Experience for another ultrasound. Michael worked last night and was too tired to come with but My Mom, Shelley, Raelee and my sister-in-law Jennifer were all able to come so that made it a pretty cool experience! Makenna wasn't being so cooperative this time. She had her head down (which I am very VERY happy about... She is in the perfect position since we're in the 3rd Trimester now) way low in the left side of my pelvis. Basically she had her nose pressed against my hip bone. She was also asleep for most of the exam. The u/s tech had me go from my back to up on my elbows and knees as quickly as I could (which everyone who has ever been 7 months pregnant knows is not very fast) to make Makenna get the Moro Reflex (Startle reflex) to wake her up. I had to do that at 3 different times during the exam and it worked like a charm each time, but only for about 3 minutes... What can I say? My girl likes her sleep!! She is a cutie pie though! Everyone agrees she looks like Michael already. She is also BIG. she 3 to 3.3-3.4ish pounds. I still think I'm further along then 29 weeks and this just confirms it in my mind. The best part of the entire u/s was when Raelee started getting restless and was making alot of noise. It brought out some BIG smiles from Makenna. I love how she is already reacting to her cousin's voice!
In other pregnancy news: The wierd pregnancy eating has finally begun. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night absolutely starving. So I got up and ate a doughnut and had a big glass of chocolate milk. I was very satisfied at the time, but regreted it at 4am when I got up for work and my stomach was making a creaky door sound. It was freaky!
The swelling is also in full swing. My ankles are totally non-exsistent. Especially on the days I start work at 5. I am under strict instructions from my OB to invest in some "granny socks" as he called them. I prefer the name support hose! But as swollen as I am, I'm very happy because my blood pressure has remain "fantastic" as my OB also said yesterday.
Last but not least, Michael and I both got callings on Sunday. He got the calling as the Assistent ward Althletic director (Yes... I am jealous of my hubby's calling... I've always wanted that calling!), and I got called as the Relief Society Pianist. Michael thought it was funny that I got called as this because I was in that calling when he and I started dating almost 4 years ago. Getting called as this got my butt in gear and I am FINALLY getting my piano moved over here. It has been living at my Grandparent's house. We haven't moved it sooner because for some reason we only wanted professionals to move it (which is $300+). Then it dawned on us... all the men in our family are strong and all have insurance (I don't want to be paying any medical bills if someone were to get hurt.). So we rented a uhaul and getting it over here tomorrow morning!! I am really really excited!!!!!
Well that's all for now. I really need to post pics of the nursery and some more belly pics (once I can remember to have Michael take some of me!).

No comments: