Monday, March 19, 2012

Things to be grateful for

So today I woke up in a very crummy mood for a couple of reasons. Reason #1: There was a spider in my bathroom last night. Why is this a reason to be in a bad mood today? It's because I am terrified of spiders. Last night was one of those nights where Baby Makenna was right up against my bladder, therefore I was running to the toilet like every 30 minutes. So as I was sitting there all of the sudden I notice a big fuzzy black thing by my foot (the fuzzy is due to the fact that I am blind without my contacts in). As I sit there looking at it I'm having this internal conversation "huh, it's kind've funny that I didn't notice that before now, wait a sec, why didn't I notice it before! It's really big and right next to my foot.... HOLY CRAP IT JUST MOVED!!" At which point I did what any logical person would do. I screamed for Michael to come and kill it. He came in and blew on it. Which by the way did not kill it surprise surprise. It promptly went scurrying into a hole at the base of the wall that we did not know was there. Michael got down on his hands and knees and looked into the hole and decleared "I guess we know how the spiders are getting in now." I freaked out!!! Michael responded by getting out the caulk and caulking the hole. Now to tie this story into my bad mood. I will NEVER feel safe in my bathroom until the hole is really fixed and I ended up having nightmares about spiders. This led to reason #2 of my bad mood. I only ended up getting 2 hours of sleep last night.

So I realized a little bit ago that I really needed to count my blessings and get out of said mood. So here we go:
REASONS TO BE GRATEFUL
#1: I am pregnant with a healthy baby girl.
#2: The prenatal Vitamins make me nauseous, but that is easily controlled with Zofran and they've made my hair great and my nails are the strongest they have ever been!
#3: The spider didn't crawl on my foot last night.
#4: I have an amazing husband who would do just about anything for me!
#5: I am lucky to have an amazing family and amazing in-laws.
#6: My Mother-in-law is a VERY good cook! On Saturday she made corned beef and cabbage in honor of St. Patties Day. I didn't eat much of the cabbage, but that was only because I totally pigged out on the corned beef and didn't have any room left! It was literally the BEST corned beef I have ever tasted!
#7: I have visiting teachers again!!! I know I've had visiting teachers this whole time, but I don't know who they were and they never came to visit me... But now I have Lindy and Lori! Ya'll are awesome!
#8: I have an AMAZING job that I really do enjoy going to everyday. To quote my boss "we are all more like family then we are co-workers." How awesome is that? Plus how many other bosses do you get a text message like this from "just pulled into edensprings, but there is a wolf looking thingy out here so I'm hanging in the car until I'm sure it's gone."


It worked!! I am officially no longer in a bad mood! Thanks for listening to my rantish thing for today. I need to do another pregnancy update with belly pics and pics of the nursery, but that'll have to happen later. I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!

No comments: