Sunday, April 21, 2013

Totally Overwhelmed

Life is crazier then usual lately. This past week I literally was away from the house every night but Friday and Saturday. We had a midweek meeting that I was on the committee for in RS on Thursday night.... After doing so much and getting hardly any sleep Mon-Thur I had turned into an emotional wreck.... There was a moment before I left for the activity that I burst into tears at the thought of everything else I had to get done by 5am the next morning. I pulled myself together (with the help of much comforting from Michael and Makenna) and went to the activity. I am SO glad I went. It was very uplifting to be around the other sisters and socialize! Especially since Michael was watching Makenna! I love my fellow Relief Society sisters!

Now I am back to the grind. I have 14 progress notes to write for work, an 1000 word paper comparing the Flood story in the Hebrew Bible to the Flood Story in the Qu'ran, and crafty stuff to do for our big Semi Annual Activity Days activity this Wednesday... I just keep repeating to myself "I can do hard things, I can do hard things..." I will make it through!

An update on the Potty Training and Weight loss:
Makenna is doing WONDERFUL! It was really sad the other day because she didn't make it to the potty once we got her diaper off. She cried and cried, even though Michael and I were telling her it was ok, and comforting her. We don't want the early potty training to put bad/negative pressure on her, so seeing her so upset about not making it really broke my heart. But that is the only time she hasn't made it. She still is always so proud of herself!

As of Friday the 19th I have lost 24.1 pounds. I have been in the Weight loss program for 6 weeks now. It is so fun fitting back into my old clothes and not looking like jabba the hut in self portraits! I was tempted the other night to cheat and eat some pizza, but then I thought about how much work I have put into this and how much more work I still have to do. That totally squished the pizza cravings!

Sorry for the not so positive post... give me a few days and I'll be cheerful again... It'll probably be around the same time that I kick the cold/allergies/virus that I've had the past week and a half!

On another note, How has my baby gone from being this small to a big 10.5 month old??

No comments: