Friday, January 25, 2013

I thought it was just mommy fatigue...

Lately I have been TIRED. I'm not talking about just a little bit sleepy, no, I am so tired all the time that if I close my eyes for longer then a minute I fall asleep. I have almost (and may actually have) fallen asleep multiple times at work lately. I don't really have a reason to be this fatigued. Makenna generally sleeps really good the nights Michael is at work, and the nights he is home he gets up with her in the night... Well 3 weeks ago I went to the doctor for my usual check-up. They drew my blood and did all the usually check-upy things. They said my blood work should be back in 5-7 buisness days. I got busy and totally forgot to check to see if they were back yet. Then yesterday I got a letter asking me to call my doctor about my results. It turns out that my B-12 level is pretty darn low. The big symptom of a low B-12 is fatigue. It can also cause diarrhea or constipation, and if it gets critically low it can cause neuropathy. I have to get shots for 3 weeks and I got the 1st one today. It's only been about 6 hours since the shot and I already feel a TON better and I have much more energy. I had forgotten what it felt like to not be dragging myself around like a zombie! So the moral of the story is: If you feel more tired then you think you should, GO TO THE DOCTOR! There could be something up other then sleep deprivation...

No comments: