Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My GREAT(ly crappy) Weekend!

Well it all started on Thursday Afternoon..... I started to get a slight pain in my tooth.... well I took a couple of Ibuprofin and that cleared it right up.... Right? WRONG!!!
By Friday afternoon the entire right side (upper and lower) of my jaw was in serious pain.... so I took more Ibuprofin and told mom about it.... she said it was probably sinus related and to put heat on in.... well that helped a ton!! The pain would actually go away!! Well of course it came back but hey.... I'm not picky!!
After school me and Michael were supposed to go to Destin with the soccer team for them to play Rocky Bayau... I was sooo excited!! Well the bus didn't make it past the greensboro/sneads exit on I-10. So we went and got a vanload of boys to take back to JPII! That was an interesting ride.... 6 boys to 5 seats..... lots of singing.... whoever knew the Soccer team had so much talent........ YEAH right!!! The singing was downright scary.... but very amusing!!! Then we went to the Blime's house where I promptly stole Miles from Marquesas and was completely content! We had a great time at their house.... it was for Shelley's Birthday party.....
Well... I made the mistake at like 10:30 of taking a bite on the WRONG side of my mouth.... I was in serious SEVERE PAIN!!!! It was horrible!!! Well Marquesas helped me make a heat compress which helped a ton and we went back to having fun! Until we got home.... I didn't sleep at all because of the pain.
Saturday was spent all day in pain.... Dad called my dentist. Turns out he was in Tampa.... but since Dr. Hardison is the ABSOLUTE BEST as far as dentist go..... he called me in a prescription of amoxicillian and Tylenol #3. Well I started the Amox. right away and the tylenol! The tylenol was great!!! For one dose!!! and one dose only!!! Then the Codiene started getting me SICK and that is the way I stayed!! I started vomiting Sunday night....... Pain.... more pain....... more sickness..... then comes Monday.
I went to the dentist..... got a prescription of Demerol...... Went to the Endodontalist.... have to get a root canal next week... more pain..... found out Demerol makes me extremly light headed.... still in pain but it's getting better now!! Yay!! I stopped taking the demerol yesterday morning a 6am and am managing my pain with NSAIDS!!! I went back to school today for the first time.... clinicals went good.... so now I just have to try not to OD on Ibuprofin before next Thursday.... that's the ROOT CANAL DAY(RCD).
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Lindley, I'm so sorry!!! That really sound super crappy and you sound like a trooper! Hang in there!

Alyse said...

Lindley, from experience...root canals aren't all that bad! As long as the dentist makes you good and numb and maybe you should ask for some laughing gas, that would make it even better! Good luck with everything!!!