Thursday, November 6, 2008

Clinicals and election!

Clinicals have been going really good! I've had to literally gag a few times and have had beds that I changed the linins in just mere minutes before get totally cover in..... well you get the idea! LOL! I'm really enjoying them though! Especially now that I have gotten my work schedule under control so that I actually get sleep now! I've been on the respiratory floor (5a) for two weeks. I've gotten to know patients and staff and I really like it! Next week I will be on 2a which is postop! Yay! Plus I'll be with Mrs Nichols!
So how do I feel about our brand new president elect? I'm ok with it for the most part. I do not think he is a bad person and I think he really does have good intentions.... and I truely hope everything goes good for these next four years! The only thing that has gotten me (VERY) upset is the fact that I was called a racist MANY times yesterday to the point where I finally cracked and yelled at some people! I am not a racist and just because I did not vote for Obama does not make me a racist. Color has absolutely nothing to do with anything to me.... I made a list of pros and cons for Obama and McCain and then chose which one fit my lifestyle and beliefs better! I told someone that at work last night and she proceeded to go "and you voted for McCain?" in a very mean and rude tone! I looked at her and looked at her again and then just changed the subject! So basically people need to get over themselves and not take stuff so personally!

No comments: