Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

Let me start by saying how grateful I am for the men and women that gave their loves to give us our freedom and to keep us safe!

I had the best weekend ever!! On Saturday Michael, Makenna and I had a play date with the Stotharts! (Rebecca and I have become the best of friends and we totally take advantage of every moment that we can spend together! Our husbands just shake their heads at how silly we can get! But every woman needs a best friend that is at the same stage in life... for us it's the stage of: Young married couple with young child.) Michael's parents were out of town and gave us permission to use their pool, so we took full advantage of that and had a pool day and grilled some burgers. It was so fun! Makenna and Maizy loved chasing each other around.

Sunday Michael and I BOTH slept through BOTH of our alarms and didn't wake up for church... :-( I guess all the sun the day before + Makenna actually sleeping for once, did us in. I spoke with Rebecca later and she too slept through her alarms. I was SOOO excited for Sunday.. the reason? Because I didn't have to work on Monday, so I could actually stay up late and enjoy spending time with my family. We also had a combo birthday party for My grandma, my mom, and myself Sunday evening. We had lots and lots of fun!

On Monday Rebecca and I started off our day by going shopping for new swimsuits... Actually she came with ME to help ME look for a new one (Michael lost his privilages of telling me if a swim suit looked good on me after a MASSIVE fail last week!). We found one very quickly that looks awesome on me AND we also found a dress that looks good on us both! We totally both bought one! I also found another dress that I absolutely feel in love with and it too looked amazing on me! YAY! Those of you who know me well, also know how hard it is for me to find anything that looks right on me, so to find 2 dresses and a swimsuit all in one day was a total miracle! After shopping we went back to her house, and put Maizy down for a nap. Once Maizy woke up we went to Michael's parents house again (sans Cary this time... he had to work on a school project all day). We had a blast! We had My sister, my niece, 2 sisters-in-law, my brother, Rebecca and Maizy over. The 3 babies had so much fun and were real water babies, and the 2 preggers soaked up some sun and relaxed, while the rest of us played basketball and just relaxed as well. Michael then grilled some chicken which was delish! The we cleaned up and all went home... well except Michael... he went to work.

Now it's Tuesday and back to work I go... I'm having the hardest time remembering that today is NOT Monday... I keep having to correct myselt over and over again! Tomorrow is our first test in school and I'm kind've freaking out, but hopefully I'll do ok! I have people coming over tonight for a cram/study session. That should hopefully help some! We shall see!

No comments: