Monday, December 3, 2012

Couch to 5K training

i am just going to fess up. i am horribly disgustingly out of shape. my plan was to be in shape before i got pregnant. that obviously did not happen since makenna was a surprise. so when michael and i started couch to 5k i knew i was in for a rude awakening... but i did better then i expected.... it was tough, and  i wasnlt able to run as long as i wanted but i stuck it out. i kept going. now i feel absolutely wonderful. i probably will not be able to move tomorrow but it will be worth it. i hate being overweight and being in the medical field i know everything being overweight put you at risk for. no more for me. today was the first day of a new me.

UPDATE:
Yesterday I did day 2. Michael had to ref a soccer game so I was on my own with Makenna. My plan was originally just to walk and do the actual workout every other day, but I got out to the lake, stretched, and did my warm-up walk. I felt great and decided to go for it. I did SOOO much better then on Monday. Who knew that 1 day CAN actually make a difference. Anyways, Dad was out there for the beginning and then started to do his daily run. I did my 30 minute workout with the alternating walk/jog and then proceeded to walk for an additional 50 minutes with my mom and a friend. I'm sore today but it is a good sore. I can't wait to get off work today and go some more!

3 comments:

The Hargretts said...

You Got It Girl!! Keep it up. It will be difficult at first but I know you can do it. =)

Shells said...

you can do it!!!

Unknown said...

Get it girl!

The C25K plan is awesome. It's totally doable, and if you have a smart phone the app will tell you exactly when to walk and when to jog. I did it for about 3 weeks and could totally tell a difference. Its something I plan on doing after the baby comes for sure. You can do it!!