Thursday, August 2, 2012

Back to work I went

Starting the very day Makenna was born, July 23rd (aka the dark day) was hanging over my head in a dark cloud. That was the day I had to go back to work. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my job! It is a great job! But no matter how much I love my job, it meant having to leave my baby girl all day 4 days a week, and half a day on Fridays. So I spent every moment of the 6 weeks cherishing the Mommy/Baby time, and also spent every moment wishing there was a way I could be a Stay at Home Mom. My final week of maternity leave was rough. I was in tears at even the thought of leaving Makenna. Poor Michael didn't know what to do with me. On Saturday night, everytime I tried to go to sleep I would break down in sobs. It got so bad, and I got such a panicked feeling that I finally had to wake Michael up so that he could give me a blessing. It helped me sooo much. In the blessing it was said that it wouldn't be too long and a way would open up for me to stay home. Michael went back to bed, and I stayed up a little bit longer and worked on Thank you cards (If you are one of the people who hasn't gotten their's yet, it is coming! We just have to wait on my 1st paycheck so that we have the $ to buy the stamps.). I did pretty good on Sunday, I cried a ton, but that's to be expected. Then it was the dreaded day. I woke up at 3:40am, nursed Makenna (and cried), got ready to leave (cried some more), and walked to the car. Michael and Makenna came out with me. I held her, cried a ton, handed her off to Michael and drove away. I'm pretty sure I cried all the way to Centre Pointe, but that's ok. I got to work and jumped right back into the routien. It was easier then I thought it would be. I kept myself distracted and it really was good to be back. I missed my baby like crazy, but Michael kept a steady supply of picture messages coming to my phone. Getting home later that day was awesome! Makenna was so happy to see me! I now have made it through almost 2 whole weeks of being back. It's still hard every single morning to leave her, but it's getting a tiny bit easier day by day. It's great at the end of the day when I get home and Makenna gets so happy to be with me! Here are some of the pics Michael has sent me, and some of the scenes I have found coming home.

1 comment:

Vicky said...

You both are doing a great job and make a great team! I am convinced one of the reasons all 4 of you kids bonded to your father like you did is because of our shift schedules and our teamwork. She is in good hands while you are at work and that is a blessing to know that!