Saturday, September 11, 2010

The small things...

I love night shift, but sometimes when there is a rough night, it seems like 7am is just never going to come.... but then it never fails, something turns the night around. Tonight I was having to spend alot of time with a patient and the following conversation happened:


Patient: You are so wonderful.
Me: Awww, Thank you for saying that!
Patient: No really, I think I love you!
Me: Well... you'll have to fight my husband for me.
Patient: No... There would be no good in doing that.... I'm old!

I know it's a small thing, but for some reason it totally made my night!

1 comment:

Mrs. Blimes said...

I have told Shelley this many times but I think nursing seems the most wonderful career. Helping others constantly and serving w/no questions asked. Its beautiful really.